The grab hire industry is huge – millions of pounds are invested into it every year, in the development of new technologies which need to meet ever changing environmental standards.
Wasteaway prides ourselves on being at the forefront of these new technologies – ensuring all trucks & equipment we work with operate efficiently and at peak performance. Our fleet of grab hire vehicles are state of the art, we always make sure we have the highest quality trucks to service our customers”.
The Wasteaway grab hire fleet is regularly serviced and maintained to the highest levels for performance and safety. They come with fully qualified and trained NCP level operator drivers and we also offer a full range of domestic and commercial aggregates to our clients across the country.
We are leaders in the field when it comes to grab hire. So we have put together this beginners guide to grab hire with some interesting facts about the machines that we work with. Here are as few things you may not know about our grab hire fleet trucks:
If your job involves a large amount of waste or heavier loads, your best option is the 8 wheel grab truck. It is the biggest grab hire vehicle available and it has some whopping monster features to go with it:
- Grab hire trucks weigh 16 tonnes when they are empty.
- A 16 tonne grab hire truck can reach a staggering maximum authorised mass of 32 tonnes with a full load – that’s a massive 16 tonnes and 15 cubic meters of material, on average.
- Grab hire trucks are 3 meters wide.
- The space required to operate these grab hire trucks properly is 3.8m of headroom and 2m for the hydraulic arm. In total, you need 6m of space for optimum functionality.
- The Wasteaway grab hire team can complete a waste removal job in as fast as 15 minutes from time of arrival depending on location of waste and amount needed to be removed.
- Grab hire lorry arms can reach up to 8 meters with a double extension added.
For smaller loads, or projects that require a skip on premises for a few weeks, our skip hire services are a great choice for DIY or residential or home projects. We have a wide range of skip hire options from skip bags to roll on roll off large size containers. Learn more about our skip hire services here.
What Materials Can a Grab Lorry Carry?
Grab hire vehicles can carry up to 15 cubic meters of material, which may be made up of landfill waste, recyclable waste, or aggregates.
Our grab trucks are capable of removing general rubbish, hazardous waste, building site debris, and recyclable or reusable waste.
As a waste removal company conscious about our environmental responsibilities, we aim to recycle as much as we possibly can. You can read more about how we recycle our aggregates here.
There are some materials which cannot be collected by a grab hire lorry due to safety reasons, some of these include:
- Gas bottles
- Paints & oils
Some ideal waste types for grab hire trucks that can be 100% recycled are:
- Earth & soil
- Concrete bricks
- Garden & Tree Waste
- Topsoil & hardcore
If it’s possible to recycle it, we will do all we can to do so. If you’re looking for an environmentally-conscious grab hire service provider, get in touch with Wasteaway Nationwide today. Call us on 0330 122 8822 or visit our contact page here.